Here’s the latest installment of news from the world wide interweb-tubes regarding theatre local, national and international offerings.
The outpouring of offerings from our community is overwhelming. There is now more opportunities to interact than we ever expected. We’re grateful to all of you.
Don’t suffer the madness of sheltering in place. Enjoy the madness instead!
Let us know if we missed something! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or find us on our social media pages.
All our love from six feet away,
Kitty, Queen of the New England Theatre Geeks
And now my eyes are leaking.
Apollinaire Theatre Company – Apollinaire Play Lab Families announces that it will be hosting free virtual theater and games classes taught on Zoom./ Nos da mucho gusto informarles que vamos a ofrecer una serie de clases gratuitas en línea en teatro y juegos para niños on Zoom.
- Acting and Games, Ages 4-8 • Wed. & Fri. 2:00-2:45PM/ Actuación y Juegos, 4-8 años • Miér. & Viernes 2:00PM-2:45PM
- Acting and Games, Ages 9-16 • Wed. & Fri. 3:00PM-3:45PM/ Actuación y Juegos, 9-16 años • Miér. & Viernes 3:00PM-3:45PM
Apollinaire is still offering its Thursday – Sunday readings for adults, Apollinaire at Home.
ArtsEmerson – ArtsEmerson’s Together Apart will give audiences access to offer high-quality archival videos and unique opportunities to hear from the artists behind them. This series will also include two town hall conversations with artistic director David Dower and executive director David C. Howse.
- APR 13–26 Sequence 8
- APR 17 @ 12pm Town Hall #1 with “The Davids”
- APR 23 @ TBA Conversation with Gypsy Snider
- APR 27–MAY 10 Torrey Pines
- MAY 01 @ 6pm Town Hall #2 with “The Davids”
- MAY 07 @ TBA Conversation with Clyde Petersen
- MAY 11–24 See You Yesterday
- MAY 21 @ TBA Conversation with Global Arts Corps
Boston Underground Film Festival BUFF-o-Stream – A collection of feature films from previous editions of BUFF, from BUFF alumni, and/or films in the spirit of BUFF, streaming on a platform near you. (Looks to be horror. If that’s your thing, you do you and enjoy! I’m not willing to investigate more because I’m not a fan of horror. -Kitty)
Fresh Ink Theatre – Fresh Ink announces the Homesick Play Project. “Homesick Play Project is a virtual space for new play development filling the vacuum of opportunity created by the COVID-19 crisis. Homesick produces virtual, pop-up readings and performances of new work at all stages of development through digital, in-process workshops and performances of plays, providing a platform to cultivate an audience, feedback, and artistic fellowship.” Go to THIS Google doc to sign up.
HowlRound – HowlRound has new streaming content coming to the site!
- Monday 13 April 2020 – Tlaloc Rivas presents Latinx Superfriends Playwriting Hour livestreaming on the global, commons-based, peer-produced HowlRound TV network at howlround.tv beginning Monday 13 April 2020 at 3pm EDT (New York) / 2 p.m. CDT (Chicago) / 1 p.m. MDT (Denver) / 12 p.m. PDT (Los Angeles).
- Tuesday 14 April 2020 – Playwright Lauren Gunderson presents a conversation Dramaturgs + Playwrights – Lauren and Martine Greene-Rogers talk livestreaming on the global, commons-based, peer-produced HowlRound TV network at howlround.tv on Tuesday 14 April 2020 at 12 p.m. PDT (San Francisco, UTC-7) / 2 p.m. CDT (Chicago, UTC-5) / 3 p.m. EDT (New York, UTC-4).
- Friday 17 April 2020 – Playwright Lauren Gunderson presents a conversation Directors + Playwrights – Lauren talks with Evren Odcikin livestreaming on the global, commons-based, peer-produced HowlRound TV network at howlround.tv on Friday 17 April 2020 at 2 p.m. PDT (San Francisco, UTC-7) / 4 p.m. CDT (Chicago, UTC-5) / 5 p.m. EDT (New York, UTC-4).
- Thursday 16 April 2020 – Playwright Lauren Gunderson presents a conversation Theatre Journalist + Playwright – Lauren talks with Diep Tran livestreaming on the global, commons-based, peer-produced HowlRound TV network at howlround.tv on Thursday 16 April 2020 at 11 a.m. PDT (San Francisco, UTC-7) / 1 p.m. CDT (Chicago, UTC-5) / 2 p.m. EDT (New York, UTC-4).
- Friday 17 April 2020 – La MaMa and CultureHub present Downtown Variety livestreaming on the global, commons-based peer produced HowlRound TV network at howlround.tv on Friday 17 April 2020 at 5 p.m. PDT (San Francisco, UTC-7) / 7 p.m. CDT (Chicago, UTC-5) / 8 p.m. EDT (New York, UTC-4).
ImprovBoston has online content: Mainstage, Family Show and “The ImprovBoston Baking Challenge with Gwen Coburn & Julie Snyder.” Please go to IB Live! for scheduling and content info.
IB is also offering online classes! The Online Electives site offers sketch, improv and standup options.
Juventas New Music Ensemble at Online/Virtual Space – Stay Home with Juventas: 11 Wednesdays Evenings, 10 Musicians Who Love You, Hope, Light and Beauty in a difficult time. Juventas musicians invite you to join us Wednesday evenings for live-streamed solo performances from our homes. Go to THIS WEBSITE at 8PM on Wednesday evening to attend a concert.
Museum of Fine Arts, Boston (MFA) at Online/Virtual Space – Discover Basquiat and the Hip-Hop Generation online: View a slideshow and listen to the accompanying playlist at mfaboston.org. Starting Saturday, April 4, the MFA will take a week-long deep dive into the artworks and history of Basquiat and his post-graffiti peers, guided by exhibition co-curators Liz Munsell and Greg Tate.
Puppet Showplace Theater – Puppet Showplace tells us that its puppeteers have moved creative content online to connect with kids and families during closures. Visit their Take Action! Emergency Fund page to find out how you can help sustain the organization.
- TREEPLES – Resident Artist Sarah Nolen’s award-winning short film is a live-action adventure that celebrates bravery and friendship. View the film and go behind the scenes at Treeples.org.
- Try This at Home! – The Gottabees are creating and sharing fun videos with music, puppetry, and theater games that families can do together. Check out their website, follow them on social media, or sign up for their e-mail list.
- WonderSpark Puppets – Free streaming content on Facebook Live with options to donate or purchase merchandise. Crafts (4pm Weekdays / 10am Weekends EST). Live Puppet Show (Fridays 11am EST)
- Paper Heart Projects – Brad Shur of Paper Heart Puppets has launched a series of puppet craft videos making creative use of minimal supplies.
- Chat with Audrey Duck – Audrey Duck, as seen on Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood, is available to Skype-chat with kids (age 3-8). Audrey and her puppeteer Susan Linn will be available Mon, Wed & Fri between 4 and 5 pm EST. Email Audreydduck@gmail.com to set up a 10 minute slot.
- Make-A-Monkey Craft – Make your own monkey with this fun finger puppet activity inspired by resident teaching artist Honey Goodenough’s “Sock Monkey Circus.” Print the template, color in your monkey, cut out the figure, hole-punch the circles, and use your fingers for legs.
- Visit the Center for Puppetry Arts – Atlanta’s Center for Puppetry Arts is offering FREE curriculum-based workshops and digital learning interactive puppet shows. Visit their website for the upcoming schedule of events.
The Wilbury Theatre Group – The Wilbury Group announces new events to be streamed through May 6.
- Wednesday, April 15 at 7pm, Twelve Installations by Gray Horan
- Sunday, April 19 at 7pm, A Painting (and Murder!) by Numbers by Darcie Dennigan & Brien Lang
- Friday, April 24 at 7pm, The My Way Murders by Brien Lang
- Sunday, April 26 at 7pm, a.dick.ted by Teddy Lytle
- Wednesday, April 29 at 7pm, Isolation Mutations with Darcie Dennigan
- Wednesday, May 6 at 7pm, Tear It Up: a night of breaks, fissures, and imperfections with Darcie Dennigan
Outside of New England:
NPR has an ongoing list from all over the internet covering concerts, readings and performances all over the globe for everyone in your age group
New York Times: Virtual Tour of Theaters