(BOSTON) – The Huntington Theatre Company invites theater-lovers of all ages to its fun-filled, hands-on, behind-the-scenes Open House on Monday, October 8 at its main stage on the Avenue of the Arts / BU Theatre (264 Huntington Avenue) and neighboring facilities.
Join Us For A Hands-On, behind-the-scenes, fun-filled day
- 11am – 12pm: Exclusive to Subscribers, FlexPass Holders, and Community Members
- 12pm – 3pm: General public welcome!
Come with the entire family to:
- Hear about the 2012-2013 Season from Managing Director Michael Maso
- Learn from our Costume and Props artisans in hands-on demonstrations
- Take on a role from Our Town and read a scene with other Open House attendees
- Dress up and pose for a photo in our Costume Corner
- Explore our production shops on a backstage tour
- Eat 30th birthday cake
- Win prizes
- And more!
OPEN HOUSE SCHEDULE (subject to change)
11am: Doors open to Subscribers, FlexPass holders, and Community Members, Ongoing: Self-guided backstage tours, Costume Corner, Scavenger Hunt
11:45am: Cutting of the 30th Birthday cake
12pm: Doors open to the general public, 2012-2013 Season Talk with Managing Director Michael Maso
12:45pm: Shop Talk: Props
1pm: Audience-participatory reading of a Huntington Playwriting Fellow’s 10-minute play
1:45pm: Shop Talk: Costumes
2pm: Audience-participatory reading of a scene from Our Town
2:15pm: Shop Talk: Paints
2:30pm: Audience-participatory reading of a Huntington Playwriting Fellow’s 10-minute play
2:45pm: Raffle drawing
3pm: Open House ends Patrons are invited to sign up to participate in play readings and hands-on shop talks when they arrive.
Plus, tickets to David Cromer’s landmark production of Our Town will be available ON SITE EXCLUSIVELY – before they go on sale to the general public.